Subject: [Leica] GF-1 v. EP-2
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 20:26:18 +0000

I have not used the E3 on a tripod. With all the normal lenses I get good
results. With the 150mm f2, particularly with 2x matched convertor (which
makes a super 600mm f4 equivalent relatively tiny kit) it is only sharp very
infrequently when near infinity. Closer it is not as bad. I got more sharp
shots using manual focus actually. Very disappointing. A friend, and
respected pro, who was hired by Olympus to do some work for them was
supplied with 2 E3s and some lenses, he had the same problem, great with
normal lenses and close distances, poor with long lenses near infinity. When
the biggest size benefit of 4/3 over others is with the long lenses we
thought it an opportunity lost by Olympus, sadly. IIRC he ended up doing the
long lens stuff with a Nikon...
Frank