Subject: [Leica] IMG: Pitcher
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:02:09 -0600

I guess I'm getting cabin fever due to the persistent cold weather.  This
morning, I slapped my Leica Elmarit-R 60/2.8 Macro lens on my E-1 and looked
around the house for something to photograph.  Among those unfortunate
subjects was this Toby-like pitcher which my wife purchased in the mid-1940s
at a small church fund-raiser in Southeast Missouri.  She liked it and
learned that it had been donated by two elderly sisters, so it probably
dates back to the turn of the century.

If anyone has any idea as to the origin of such objects, I would like to
hear from them.  It bears no markings, so probably was not very expensive.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Pitcher.jpg.html

TIA for any clues.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA