Subject: [Leica] [OT] Scanning Kodachrome help
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:07:39 +1000

Spencer I think it was a discussion of interest to many. Personally I
concluded that there was not some asymmetric off colour problem, only that
it was much more visible in the top half (witness Philippe's effective
global correction).
Regarding your IT8 calibrated scanner, this is a meticulous but worthy part
of your colour mangement ;-) but I don't think it's a factor in this scan.
Your system 'knows' how your scanner renders specific tones but it doesn't
change the rendering by the scanner, if that makes sense.