Subject: [Leica] New 35mm cropped
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:50:10 -0500

> Le 13 janv. 10 ? 13:57, Doug Herr a ?crit :
>

>> Mark Rabiner wrote:
>>
>>> The fact that cropped format digital photography is not longer  taken
>>> seriously by photographers and their art directors and editors is a
>>> fact not
>>> my quirky opinion.
>>> Its a fact and a well known one. And for quite some time.
>>
>> If this were true, why are you willing to spend hard-earned money on
>> a DX lens?
>>
> Sorry to intrude, but isn't DX the ideal FF lens for a D40?
> ph

Because its only 200 bucks the price of a replacement lens shade for my
Leica 21 and I'd e shooting with it for 9 months.

A D40 is DX cropped format. FX means FF full frame for nikon.
You can use a full frame lens on a cropped camrea but a cropped lens is
optimized for the format and more ideal. It will be cheaper, lighter,
smaller ideally sharper.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] New 35mm cropped)