Subject: [Leica] Interesting article on how creative photographers are using TSA rules to their advantage
From: sanjay at microassist.net (Sanjay Nasta)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:04:48 -0600

http://lifehacker.com/5448014/

        A "weapons" is defined as a rifle, shotgun, pistol, airgun, and
STARTER PISTOL. Yes, starter pistols - those little guns that fire
blanks at track and swim meets - are considered weapons...and do NOT
have to be registered in any state in the United States.

        I have a starter pistol for all my cases. All I have to do upon
check-in is tell the airline ticket agent that I have a weapon to
declare...I'm given a little card to sign, the card is put in the case,
the case is given to a TSA official who takes my key and locks the case,
and gives my key back to me.

        That's the procedure. The case is extra-tracked...TSA does not
want to lose a weapons case. This reduces the chance of the case being
lost to virtually zero.

        It's a great way to travel with camera gear...I've been doing
this since Dec 2001 and have had no problems whatsoever.

Sanjay Nasta
MicroAssist
www.microassist.com <http://www.microassist.com/>

MicroAssist, Inc.
3420 Executive Center Drive, Suite G100 Austin, TX 78731
http://www.microassist.com
Phone: (512) 794-8440
Fax: (512) 794-8742

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Interesting article on how creative photographers are usingTSA rules to their advantage)