Subject: [Leica] Oatmeal revisited
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:06:28 -0500

> On Jan 14, 2010, at 10:07, Steve Barbour wrote:
>> as they say... B. cereus   (Bacillus cereus)... rice is a major player,
>> ways
>> to get it, ways to avoid it....cook it hot enough, eat it, don't store it,
>> don't reuse it....
> [...]
>> http://www.nzfsa.govt.nz/consumers/food-safety-topics/foodborne-illnesses/saf
>> e-cooling-of-cooked-rice/index.htm
>
> Interesting. I have eaten a lot of rice. Pretty well all of it cooked in an
> electric rice cooker (before the keep warm feature) and plenty of leftover
> rice cooled to room temperature and kept in the fridge for several days for
> making fried rice. Never experienced these symptoms. Must have gotten
> lucky I
> guess. I never head of this kind of food contamination amongst all my
> Chinese
> relatives and friends.
>
> To throw out left over rice is to waste food. It's just not done.
>
> George, I like Tiger brand. It's what we use at home. The same one for the
> last 15 years. For 2 people, a 5 cup model is plenty big. Features? Turns
> on
> manually and turns off automatically when done. Nothing else really matter.
>
> Regards,
> Spencer

I have sworn off pasta for the new year and become a rice person for keeps.
So far I've lost about ten pounds and I am a nicer smarter funnier person by
far.
My hair brained impression is that rice, especially brown rice but maybe in
pinch Arborio is real food - while pasta is just dasta.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Oatmeal revisited)