Subject: [Leica] Hawks
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 12:36:03 -0500

LUG:

A question for the infinite wisdom of the LUG - we have a Cooper's Hawk that
is killing our chickens.  We didn't think a hawk would get a full-grown
chicken but we've seen him dive in and attack the chicken, breaking her
neck.  Then he drags her into the bushes and comes back later to eat her.
 We've lost 6 chickens to this hawk.  We've bought fireworks and set them
off.  We've tried leaving the chickens shut up until noon.  Nothing works.
 The hawk even killed a chicken when Tom was cutting down trees only a
hundred yards away.  It's against the law to kill the hawk.

Any suggestions?

Tina

PS:  The wolf kill photos reminded me of my poor dead chickens, but I didn't
take any photos. :-(

--
Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com