Subject: [Leica] Jobs adulation
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 21:31:37 -0500

Simon writes:

"I know what you mean though, and although I'm a Mac and iPhone user

and advocate, the adulation Mr Jobs gets is rather nauseating."

Simon,

Steve Jobs deserves it. Not only was he a cofounder of Apple but he brought
it back from near death after a succession of mediocre managers. As I
recall, when he returned to Apple after his ouster, Apple's stock was about
$25. It is now about $200, after a 2 to 1 split. That is a 1600% increase.
In that time Microsoft's stock has declined 55%. Surely raising a crippled
company to robust health is worth an almost religious adulation. At least
the Wall Street community thinks so. And it was done, not by predatory
business practices, but by creating products, the iPods, the iPhone, the Ap
store, and the Mac laptops that the public (and many Luggers) want. If the
iPad is successful, Jobs will visit Disney Land (of which he is the single
largest stockholder).

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Jobs adulation)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] Jobs adulation)