Subject: [Leica] Shutter lag
From: bs.pearce at cox.net (Sue Pearce)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:02:51 -0600

I made some VERY unscientific comparisons of several cameras. Not
exhaustive, as it was confined to cameras that I own and use. I set each to
manual, 125th, no lens.

There was a very, very slight difference between my OM1 and OM4, which I
attribute to a slightly shorter travel for the OM4's shutter release. Both
were comparable to my old faithful Nikon F, which I still think was the
fastest SLR I've ever held.

There was a slight delay on the M9, although I can't imagin it will cause to
loss of any decisive moment. It couldn't have been a second, more like a
slight hiccup.

Let the flaming begin.

Bill Pearce