Subject: [Leica] Winter pleasures
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 17:54:49 -0500

Just to reassure Luggers living south of the Mason Dixon line, west of the
Rockies, and those in the balmy climes of southern Spain. some of us
actually enjoy heavy snowfalls. Of course most Canadians already know this.
In the Hudson Valley we have had several winter storms so far this year;
and, if the weather forecasts are to be believed, another is on the way.
When that happens, we strap on the skis and puff our way across hill and
dale. If the environment hands you a lemon, make lemonade.

Here is a view from our back porch. The flag is just there to add a bit of
color.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Back+porch.JPG.html

And now a view toward the garage.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/A+view+of+the+garage.JPG.html

My wife, true to her Norwegian roots, is the best off track X-C skier in the
family. Indeed, she is better than her older brother who was in the 10th
Mountain Division during WW2.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Maggie+shows+her+Nowegian+heritage.JPG.html

Here she is on a track.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/The+long+trail.jpg.html

We are teaching our young granddaughter how to ski. She has mastered the art
of falling.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/A+good+fall.jpg.html

Finally, I am psyching myself up for a veteran's (read senior citizens) 15k
race. No thought of winning. If I finish it will be a personal best.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Berkibeiner+ready.JPG.html

This is the last of the snow pictures unless the glaciers come back. I
promise. I can't wait for the summer sailing pictures.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] Winter pleasures)
Reply from jmaddox01 at suddenlink.net (Jack Maddox) ([Leica] Winter pleasures)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Winter pleasures)