Subject: [Leica] 100 years of Alfa Romeo
From: topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (Charlie Chan)
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 20:47:39 +0000

Italian carmakers took a real beating in the 70s. Alfas, Lancias and
Fiats just melted away on the roads of northern europe. For Lancia,
the fallout from the rotting Betas was enough to close the UK
operation for Lancia. Arguably Lancia had an even greater engineering
heritage than Alfa. For Alfa, it was the complete lack of rust
proofing on the Naples built (as opposed to Milan) cars (Alfasud
series) that killed their market in the UK.

Charlie Chan
Cheltenham, UK

topoxforddoc at btinternet.com
www.cancer-surgeon.co.uk