Subject: [Leica] iPad and textbooks
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 08:25:32 -0800

The difference (weight/size/coolness factor) between carrying  a Ipad or
carrying a laptop is minimal ... for taking notes.  The difference is the
books......
The fact that the thing can accommodate some level of typing will go away as
the inefficiencies are found.  Your kids will carry a Ipad/Kindle to read
with and a Laptop to write with.

And I think that is precisely what Apple wants..... to sell 2 appliances
rather than one.....

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

I don't think they would ever give up their MacBooks, even if the iPad COULD
replace them. But, like Jim's comments below, my kids don't usuallycarry
their laptop when they need to carry their text books too. Combining these
for cross-campus treks in the iPad is what they are looking for. While on
campus, they use their iPod touch for quick look-ups and email. So, to
eliminate having to lug the books and have the capability of the touch in a
larger/more useable package has them ready to order.

Message from rickfloyd at comcast.net (rickfloyd at comcast.net) ([Leica] iPad and textbooks)