Subject: [Leica] Sir John Dankworth - RIP
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 13:02:39 +0100

What sad news

Saw them at the Maltings years and years ago - absolutely brilliant.

I hear their daughter Jacqui is carrying on the Dankworth story.

Cleo was always one of the best British jazz singers, she made a really
fantastic album with John Williams (the guitarist, not the film theme
composer) it's still one of my favourite jazz records of all time.

I suppose all we've got left now in the way of really, really good,
contemporary Brit-jazz is Mike & Kate Westbrook.

Cheers
Douglas