Subject: [Leica] Sir John Dankworth - RIP
From: profmason at yahoo.com (John Edwin Mason)
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 08:03:29 -0800 (PST)

Charlie wrote:

> Yesterday, sadly one of the post war Jazz legends passed away. What a
> wonderful musician and composer - an icon of the 50s, 60s and 70s. I
> saw him last year at the Cheltenham Jazz Festival with his wife Cleo
> Laine.
> http://topoxforddoc.zenfolio.com/p352195304

Sad, indeed.

Your post inspired me to dig out "Spotlight on Cleo Laine," one of the first
jazz LPs I bought, in about '74.  Dankworth and his orchestra show up on
many of the tracks, of course.

It was nice to be reminded that they made such wonderful music together.

--John

John Edwin Mason, Photography:
http://www.JohnEdwinMason.com
Charlottesville and Cape Town