Subject: [Leica] Subject: Very OT - Canon FD lenses
From: wanderjan at gmail.com (Jan Decher)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 22:53:52 -0500

Douglas,
I have used FD SSC 1.4/50, 1.8/85 and 2.8/200 breech-lock lenses on A1, F1
and EF with great success in the 80s. Really liked the feel and looks of FD
lenses but was never was much impressed by the basic FD wideangle lenses I
owned (2.8/24 & 35mm).

Recently I had a late generation (non-breech) FD 2.0/135 -  a very fine
lens!

My camera store here in Vermont has a shelf full of fine FD glass. Too bad
there is no decent (open aperture metering) digital full frame SLR body
available for FD mount.
Jan