Subject: [Leica] Panasonic GF1 - gallery and blog post
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:59:44 -0500

Mark,

Shouldn't you be taking pictures of FLOWERS? If you look at many of our LUG
galleries, *we* take pictures of flowers, not dog-dookie in a bag strung up
on a fence mate.

That was a great picture. As was No. 7 I think it was, the little alley: it
was like the geometry of nowhere.

(I see some FLOWERS in your large format work. Start thinking that way again
friend. Nobody wants to know from all that reality.

The picture of the cathedral/basilica/church in Normandy was superb in your
travel section. What was that taken with? It was an ideal (in my mind) b&w
photograph.

Anyway thanks for sharing the fine work. but come spring, think gardens.

Vince

PS I just picked up a G1 lightly used, $400 with 14-45 lens; much the same
guts as the GF1 but affordable for me, plus it has a viewfinder. Not nearly
so handsome, I admit. Anyway I'm loving it. Interestingly, I have a
Summicron 50 and a CV 21/4 that work beautifully on it but the kit 14-45 is
within a hair's breadth of matching them in image quality. My cheap Elmar
90/4 is amazing on it. And, further afield, I have a Minolta MD 24/2.8 that
is as beautiful a lens as any I've owned and all its strengths (but width of
course) shine on the G1 as well. What great cameras.