Subject: [Leica] [img] snowpocalypse photo from the GF-1 - beautiful magic
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:44:25 -0500

Hey foks -
  Went out Wednesday during the snowpocalypse, with the GF-1 here's a shot
during the storm:

http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2010/blizzard-1.jpg

the camera got a little wet but held up admirably. I have some $9 lens shade
for it that says "LEICA SUMMICRON" in what looks like powdered sugar (I
think it's the same font from the candy hearts), that did a decent job
keeping snow off of the front lens element.

The scene itself was ... beautiful magic, really. It was quiet, there were
people in the distance and who'd sometimes pass, but cars were absent, for
the most part. People walked in the street - the quiet was strange, all the
snow dampening sound, and, what really got me was the sky-glow from the city
hitting the clouds, and bouncing back down to earth, only to reflect up
again - it was like being inside a city-sized softbox.

The heavy snow on the trees made them all creep lower to the ground, making
tunnels of tree where there'd been no tunnel before.

It was a wonderful, amazing, beautiful experience.

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] [img] snowpocalypse photo from the GF-1 - beautiful magic)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] [img] snowpocalypse photo from the GF-1 - beautiful magic)
Reply from pjleeson at mchsi.com (Philip Leeson) ([Leica] [img] snowpocalypse photo from the GF-1 - beautiful magic)
Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] [img] snowpocalypse photo from the GF-1 - beautiful magic)