Subject: [Leica] Medvedev talks about his personal love of photography
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 00:45:26 +0100

In 1969 Czechoslovakia beat the USSR at the hockey world Championships. I
was 8 years old at the time. The year before I had witnessed the rape of
Prague committed by troops from the USSR, Poland, East Germany etc. Like
99.9% of the Polish population, I was rooting for the Czechs.

Tonight I watched a bit of the Winter Olympics. Nice, but not the same as
back in the days of the cold war. Back then, I fervently wished for the
Soviet and East German athletes to crash, fall, get injured, and lose. Now,
it is just another sporting contest.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain