Subject: [Leica] Two Panos of the staircase of Elizabeth Bay House - lens distortion
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 21:16:15 -0500

Howard,

Just a nitpicking question: is the dome actually elliptical (both ends of
the long axis identical) or is it perhaps oval (egg-shaped)? I'm just struck
by how much tighter the curve at the far rim of the dome appears to be than
the near edge. Maybe it's an effect of perspective and projection, but boy
do they look different. Of course, an oval would be really weird...

?howard