Subject: [Leica] IMG: Murillo's
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:57:57 -0800

On Feb 14, 2010, at 10:12 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> To give a completely honest answer, Tina, I think this picture is below
> your usual very high standard, and if I had been editing, it would not
> have made the final selection given the number of images to choose from.
> Just goes to show that Maggie's editing simply reflects her personal taste.

I think that is generally true, whether one likes a given photo or not...

imho, It isn't one of your best and it lacks what makes them classics...I am
not sure why you took it, and I suspect that your own editing have
eliminated it.

I think this is what happens when someone else does your editing. First it's
novel and interesting, then it's different and not what you would have done,
finally it is clear that it just it isn't you, or what you would have
selected.

Eventually you wonder why you took it, all the while people with different
tastes think it's totally great....

also tomorrow is another day, and selections may be different...

Steve