Subject: [Leica] mephisto walking shoes over doctor merten oxfords?
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:25:52 -0800

I gottal tell ya, Mephistos make really durable (and repairable) hiking and
walking boots/shoes.

Very basic designs.  Not a lot of plastic or reflective tape or faux
militair stuff.

They really last.

I have the classic ankle-high model with lotsa laces up to the ankle -
really good support.  For walking I have the "shoe" version; same design
just not as high.

And a pair of lace up oxfords and a pair of summertime (that's August 12th
from 1000 to 1730 in Seattle) sandals.

They range in age from 2 to 7 years and still no repairs.

Spendy, but worth it.  Sorta the same as Leica, maybe?

You can go to their website to see all five zillion models.  Not all models
are shipped to all countries.

You might want to go to Zappos or another Mephisto-peddiling website or try
to talk your local dealer down a fee pennies.

Yes, I recommend Mephistos if you walk or hike  lot.

Bob

Bob Shaw
rsphotoimages at comcast.net