Subject: [Leica] IMG: Murillo's
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:20:03 -0500

> that sure is one approach to encourage editing up front....
>
> just not the only one by any means.
>
> that vs the ubiquitous "spray and pray, edit delay..."
>
> clearly what I think we all are tempted to do, myself included, is wait for
> the shot, then take a hundred,
> then agonize over which one is the best....
>

> Steve

Spray and pray is a quite phrase most often used on the lists by people
looking at the serious craft of photography from the outside in.
The fact is photographers have no qualms about shooting as much as the
possibly can. The bigger the take the better. And making no apologies about
it. And having now qualms about how that takes more time later to edit down
to the best shots. In most cases I wish I'd shot more. Not less. Going over
an important take.
As a matter of fact I cant ever think of a shoot in which going over
everything I'd wish I'd shot less. As my favorite TV show was about to come
on or something.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Murillo's)