Subject: [Leica] Winter view - 21mm lens comparison
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 23:45:09 +0100

Lluis,

I must admit I've always been a fan of the cooler "Zeiss-like" colours
rather than the richness of Leica you mention. I noticed the difference
very strongly when comparing a 135 Zeiss Sonnar with the Leica-R 135.

I almost always tend to lower the colour temperature of Leica lens shots
when I'm processing them in Lightroom too to make them a little "cooler".
I suppose it's just a matter of taste on my part.

I always found the SA 21 a brilliant lens on film too, maybe it's just
not suitable for use on Canon DSLRs. Some lenses are while others aren't.

Could this be something to do with the quality of adapters? Anyone have
any ideas in this direction?

Cheers
Douglas

Message from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol) ([Leica] Winter view - 21mm lens comparison)