Subject: [Leica] Fw: Yosemite...
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:32:55 -0800

On Feb 20, 2010, at 1:14 PM, Bob Adler wrote:

> Well the weather certainly should be interesting!
> I'm most interested in seeing what different views Steve and I will have
> of some of the same spots.
>
> As for where we're going to shoot, I feel really lucky to be able to spend
> an entire week there. I'm sure we'll cover a lot of ground and have lots
> of time for the "tripod in Ansel's tripod holes" shots as well as many
> others. There should be fresh snow fall if we're lucky. We're staying in
> El Portal about 10 minutes from that gate which puts us from bed to Valley
> floor in about 30-40 minutes depending on weather. We might even make it
> to Groveland one afternoon, which is a fun old western town.
>
> So I'm expecting storms moving in and out all week, maybe fluffy clouds in
> between, and if we're really lucky, the sun breaking through in the late
> afternoon or early morning to light up the granite walls.
>
> No matter what, I won't be disappointed! Truly a treat to be going with a
> talented photographer such as Steve. Now I just have to train Tikwa to
> carry my gear...

to my amazement, I bought film this morning...yes, I'll take my M9, 18mm,
35mm,  90mm,

but also my R9 and R APO Elmarit 180/2.8, along with the R 60mm Macro....

I'm lucky to be with Bob, I just point my camera in the same direction he
does...

yeah right...

Tikwa told me he'll carry Bob's gear, but I will have to fend for myself,

Steve