Subject: [Leica] My falling love again with 75 lux
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:39:34 -0800

Hi Joseph

I try to limit to one lens per focal length per camera (type) :-).
Otherwise, I always just grab the "bestest" lens anyway (hence that Nikkor
50/1.4 is on the block). The current exception is the 50 since, well, while
the 50/1.4 ASPH is the "bestest" len, the Nokton 50/1.1 is just ridiculously
cheap not to own.

I was looking at the replacement for the 90/2 AA I sold last year (to pay
for bills :-( ) and with style of "Chinese calligraphy on top of photo" that
I do, the smooth bokeh is a must. These are from the Zeiss ZM 85/2.
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/L9993621.jpg (just a test shot:
I think she's on her way to blink here, and the shutter speed is only 1/30)
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/20100216-142.jpg

This is the 75 lux:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/L9993619.jpg

I guess while I think the 75 lux and the OM 90/2 have some of the smoothest
bokeh (only tried the 50/1.0 Nocti on your list below), the 85/2ZM is a bit
tamer than the 90/2AA so it's good enough for me.

I suppose the 35/1.4ASPH and the 50/1.4ASPH have the harsh reputation, but
they are fine enough for me, and I just can't imagine taking another 35 when
the ASPH lux is sitting there.

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/> blog: <
http://imagecraft.wordpress.com>