Subject: [Leica] Eugene Smith, Charlie Chaplin, and 6 Leicas
From: hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson)
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 08:58:36 +0430

John - thank you for the summary and analysis.  Given what you wrote
before about his lifestyle etc, now supported by Margery's comments,
as to his emotional quirks, we can develop a better understanding of
the man.  All of us know, as photographers, a little of what he felt,
but to the extent that he did, it was obviously self-destructive.

 From the little I know of Charlie Chaplin