Subject: [Leica] The QV Building in Sydney 10 and 6 panel vertical panos
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:22:50 +0800

Hi Luggers,

The Australian pioneers seemed to have a special love affair with
domed buildings and I am drawn to their handiwork with my pano
Panasonic.

 From Wikipedia:

"The Queen Victoria Building, or QVB, was completed in 1898 by the
architect George McRae in the central business district of Sydney. The
Romanesque Revival building is 190 meters long by 30 wide, and fills a
city block. Designed as a shopping centre, it was later used for a
variety of other purposes until its restoration and return to its
original use in the late twentieth century.

The dominant feature is the central dome, consisting of an interior
glass dome and a copper-sheathed exterior, topped by a domed cupola".

Here is a 10 panel vertical pano of the center of the building and a
six panel pano of the corner of the center extending from the mosaic
first floor all the way to the dome on the third floor, taken with the
Panasonic GF 1 and the remarkable 20mm f1.7. Handheld and developed
( very slowly) in CS 4.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Australia2010/QVB10PanW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/ylsk9dp

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Australia2010/QVB6panW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/yegl72o

Please enjoy LARGE and as always, all C&C are welcome.

Howard (still in cooler Sydney)

Replies: Reply from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss) ([Leica] The QV Building in Sydney 10 and 6 panel vertical panos)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] The QV Building in Sydney 10 and 6 panel vertical panos)
Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] The QV Building in Sydney 10 and 6 panel vertical panos)