Subject: [Leica] Kelp
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jefffery Smith)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:03:30 -0600

On the beaches of San Diego, those pyriform bladders are usually about 5
inches long, but I have seen them grow to a huge size that could be used for
floating a lifeboat in a pinch. When they get bunched up like behind the sea
lion, they get to stinking in the summer heat, and collect flies. Fish must
like to hide amonst the "vines" off the coast as most half-day charter
fishing boats go to the kelp beds just off Point Loma.

Jeffery