Subject: [Leica] M6 Initiation
From: thurmanphoto at gmail.com (Wendy Thurman)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 08:34:41 +0430

Chris, Rob-

Thank you for looking and for the encouragement.  I'm in a bit of primitive
situation wrt darkroom- don't have one!  The film fumbling is done in a
changing bag and all else in the bathroom.  I may well go back to the
plastic ratcheting reels if I don't get the metal reel skills down.  I'll
develop for Hugh Thompson as well and I don't want to ruin the man's film.

The image is from the first roll shot on the M6.  This was my first real
Leica experience.  I shot a couple of frames long ago on a friend's M3 but
until yesterday, that was the extent of it.  I am going to like this camera-
it's a much more personal experience than are the DSLRs.  The Leica/film
combination will, I think, work very well on the street here in Kabul.  I'm
psyched!

Wendy