Subject: [Leica] Bridal Vale Falls in Yosemite
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 14:23:13 -0500

> Nice shots, Mark.  Here is one of my Laterelle Falls shots from Upper
> Laterelle, not the lower one by the road.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/coast+trip/g/Upper+Latourell+Falls-4.jpg
> .html
>
> Folder has three more shots, of the main falls.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/coast+trip/g/
>
> But the Bridal Vale falls I was referring to is in Yosemite, not the
> Columbia Gorge.
> It was probably Bob Adler who posted the shot, but we all know where he is
> now....
>
> Aram

Yes I went up there taking the trails and saw that on my trip out of living
in Portland for 33.3 years out to here, NY.  So there was a gap of 26 years
between the two pix and a major technology change. But when I go  back there
again I bring the tripod. The success of my first shot was not film and
Hasselblad. But tripod. As I was able to stop down to f 16 and get
everything and use a full minute time exposure making the water turn into
something seemingly metaphysically different.

Yes there is a series of falls in the gorge 5 minutes apart.
Bridal Veil  being one of them.
http://www.waterfallswest.com/waterfall.php?id=124

But bridal Veils have been a theme of mine in my road trips. I've got
hundreds of them from small towns of America.
http://rabinergroup.com/EastWest/images/EW060617_182146.jpg

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner