Subject: [Leica] Don't like "capture" as a noun
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:22:55 -0500

> I am officially becoming grumpy in middle age.
> [Rant/on] Use of "capture" as a noun drives me batty. Makes it sound as if
> the little photons are just scrambling about, wild and unordered, until
> forced to live in a digital file.  Or that you were lying in wait for them
> to snuffle their way up to your clever trap. Bang. They are captured.
> [Rant/off]
>
> There, I feel better now.
>
> Ben Marks

I also hate the new buzz word "capture".
I envision a little furry cute animal caught in a trap.
To me when I go "click" I've not made a "capture".
I've started to make a photograph.

I still like saying "I've  made an exposure" which I've always thought and
said and still applies.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner