Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Wide Angle 35mm f/2 Biogon T* ZM
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 11:36:05 -0600 (CST)

Wendy,

Only to those who want it to be.  While I'm not a fan of the ZM offerings, I
did look at them due to their cost, but rejected them due to build.  On the
other hand Leica has their Summarit line which are much lower in cost, just
a bit more than the ZM offerings, and a max aperture of 2.5, and actually
Leica designs, made by Leica in Germany.  And performance and build are up
to Leica specs.  You may want to take a look at them as an alternative to
the more expensive Summicrons, and Summilux's.  Several LUG members have
them and like them.

Gene