Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Wide Angle 35mm f/2 Biogon T* ZM
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:55:39 -0500

> Not again please, Mark!
> As a German your "worship" of everything manufactured in Germany is really
> embarrasing to me.

Actually my  clear main point is a designer with three grand to work with in
his lens design parameters verses a designer with a one grand to work with.
It is lens design and it is money.  He's got a whole lot more he can do with
a lens.
I'd recommend reading Erwin's  lens book to people.
Where that designer hangs is hat or looks like is of course no interest to
me.

A lens with such a premium budget has had less interest to the Japanese
camera industry than the German.  I have not clue more much interest in if
there may be a reason.
I'm talking about money.  Not national origin.
I've been using tens of thousands of dollars of Japanese camera gear since
the start of my career.

But people who would rather spend one grand on a lens and call it the same
as a three grand lens would rather just brand the people with the other
argument a racist.

There are such a thing as products which are very capable standard of the
industry level products.
And there are products which are premium products whose specs are more pie
in the sky. Stuff you don't get with one pay check. Stuff you need to save
up a bit for.
Leica does not make the former. They make the later.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner