Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Wide Angle 35mm f/2 Biogon T* ZM
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 21:52:22 -0500

> I actually agree with you; certain things are simply measurably better than
> other things (and certain ideas and certains ways of educating and certain
> works of art too).   Indeed I usually agree with you.  I was only trying to
> explain how the world looks to others nowadays, and also to point out that
> shiny bald unnuanced assertions don't do justice to your experience and
> your
> wisdom in these matters. And, agree with you as I might, I thought you
> likely launched against the wrong guy for a misperceived reason.  Wendy,
> already overbudget on the M6 and 50mm but yearning for a 35, asked about
> the
> cheaper lens; he said it's great and he loves it; you invaded Iraq. The
> image of you standing and watching the prints emerge at $25 a pop and
> wondering what you might have done better, that will last in my mind for a
> long time, and it adds powerfully to the credibility of your opinions.

The guy called a ZM lens a world class optic and started going into the
great history of Zeiss and said "the Zeiss lens"  was better than the Leica.
I think when one pays one third the price for something you  get cheaper not
better. Once in a blue moon that is not the case. I cant think of any
examples.
Thanks for the great compliment after the " shiny bald unnuanced assertions"
phrase I'll cherish it the rest of my life.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner