Subject: [Leica] Epson 2200
From: zoeica at mac.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 11:16:19 -0600

The 2200 is a workhorse for sure. I used mine for 5yrs almost everyday
before it finally ended up having an unfixable clog. It survived heat and
water from Katrina during this time.

The "only" down side to the 2200 is Epson K3 inks were not available yet so
in order to get "true" B&W's there was a helluva learning curve, either
using 3rd party ink tones are getting RIP software.

That said though, I stil have 13x19's from my 2200 that look pretty damn
good. I know have the 2400 which has been replaced by the 2880. The new K3
inks deliver true to form B&W images.

I use Museo Silver Rag paper.

Chris
NOLA