Subject: [Leica] PIXEL PITCH SIZE
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 16:07:17 -0500

> Amazing indeed!
> Words cannot describe what I felt
> as I watched those contact prints emerge
> in the Beers developer
> under the safe lights;
> feelings only to be topped by
> turning on the white viewing light
> after a little wash.
>
> believe it or not
> I could see bugs
> on relatively distant (10 to 15 feet from the camera) tree branches.
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser

The first time I saw an image come out in a print  under the orange
safelights in my darkroom with my first time using sheet film which was only
a measly 4x5"  I thought the white lights had come on in the darkroom. It
was like glowing I thought it was 3d. I practically had an aneurism. Maybe I
was having one.
And that was before I turned the overhead white lights on.

When the print dried down I calmed down a little.

Now I have 4x5 images on 5x7 prints which are inkjets I have with me every
day I jokingly call them my digital contact prints.
I tell people I hold the paper up to my computer screen. Not fooling anybody
on that one.

I have a video of Edward Weston printing with the help of charis Wilson
pulling on the chain of the overhead light bulb to make the exposure. And
turning off the light when it felt right.
A measly 8x10

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner