Subject: [Leica] Sensor cleaning revisited
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 19:30:13 -0800

Timing is everything......

I ordered the Arctic Butterfly just yesterday.....
And the visible dust swabs and their oil or dust fluid.....

Should've gotten the Eclipse stuff instead?

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

Today I repeated the dry clean folowed by a wet clean with the Eclipse type
3 (size) swab and their fluid. They no longer consider the E2 fluid
necessary for tin oxide sensors and recommend their standard fluid for every
sensor.
A single pass in each direction completely removed every trace of the
streaks and I am a happy camper. I believe that the streaks I had were
either traces of oil, possibly from the swab touching the surrounds of the
sensor (shutter lubricant??), drying marks from the fluids used (qty?) or a
combination of both.

Replies: Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Sensor cleaning revisited)