Subject: [Leica] Leica m9 sighting at Union Square tonight
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 01:56:34 -0500

The M8 looks just as good but the difference is the numerical digit.

I think the only camera I'd get starstruck by is my SFC's Nikon F2
which was the only camera to survive being thrown out the back of a
C-130 in late 2001 during a combat camera recon mission in a country
we are now engaged in war with. The group's gear was packed in
pelican cases and the aircrew simply pushed them out the rear bay
while flying about 200kts. The camera was a personal backup and the
crew had a few D1 digitals, a few F5's, F4's and that F2. SFC said that
was the only time he had ever seen a broken F4 in over a decade of
using them. The F2 was recovered after it augured into the soil almost
a foot, dusted off, checked for cracks, wound and clicked just fine.

An M9 is just whatever. Nice camera but where do you fit the plus X?
I'm even amazed by my M4 after what its been through.

Phil Forrest