Subject: [Leica] Sensor cleaning revisited
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 02:16:51 -0500

> I used my M8 for two years and about 9000 frames with no difficulties with
> routine cleans. This is nothing more than a procedural hiccup. I've found
> one brand and method that's perfect for me. It doesn't do to stress over
> this stuff!
> I certainly wouldn't recommend that anyone not use their M or consider that
> the need for sensor cleaning should deter anyone from using ANY digital
> camera with interchangeable lenses.
> My personal prefernce is for Leica's sensor and its very precise
> calibration
> within the body rather than any vibrating system.  Your cyclic rate may
> vary, people ;-)
>

> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

I also am leery of vibration systems and don't like how they are put in
camrea which I am otherwise interested in as it seems to be a feature which
is expected in cameras on a consumer level like high MP's.
They are a consumer feature not a pro feature as far as I see it.
I expect to see them in small plastic cameras.
Photographers cleaned their own sensors for years before these  vibrating
sensors came out I think they can continues doing so when the occasion
arises to need to do so.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster) ([Leica] Sensor cleaning revisited)