Subject: [Leica] Leica m9 sighting at Union Square tonight
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 14:34:09 -0500

That's about ten people on the LUG  in the row swearing nobody knows what  a
Leica is. That's news to me in this time warp continuum.
I've not had that direct experience walking around with my cameras and
before. I believe Leica is one of the most recognized brand names in the
world.

And why else would Panasonic want to have the brand name on the front of all
the lenes which go on their cameras and video recorders? They like the
typeface? They love to wallow in obscurity? I'm sure they know they can
design their own glass and do a more than ok job with it.
Every yuppie wants a red dot.
The look of the camera and the brand name impresses everybody.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner