Subject: [Leica] Sensor cleaning revisited
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 19:16:14 -0500

> Sometimes I use a small electric sander fashioned from an old dental drill
> and these 2 sq mm patches of Australian sharkskin you can buy online from
> Henry's in Toronto (technically illegal in the US but Henry's will ship
> them
> within a larger order). If I'm out on a shoot I just load up a very small
> chunk of Brillo and swab it around in there with the tip of my tongue.
>
> Goat urine also is supposed to be good, but only on SONY and Canon.  It's
> not recommended for Oly's, Panasonic, Nikon or Leica.

Canon by the way says no liquids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannon_operation

" Prior to loading, the cannon would be well cleaned with a sponge to remove
all sparks, filth, and dirt. The powder was added, followed by a wad of
paper or hay, and the ball was thrown in. After ramming, the cannon would be
aimed with the elevation set using a quadrant and a plummet. At 45 degrees
the ball had the utmost range ? about ten times the gun's level range."

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner