Subject: [Leica] LUG Digest, Vol 44, Issue 159
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 18:41:22 -0600

On Mar 4, 2010, at 2:14 PM, Rabs wrote:

> That's about ten people on the LUG  in the row swearing nobody knows
> what  a
> Leica is. That's news to me in this time warp continuum.
> I've not had that direct experience walking around with my cameras and
> before. I believe Leica is one of the most recognized brand names in
> the
> world.

-- - - - -

Although Leica may be one of the most recognized brand names in the
world, second only to Mickey Mouse, few people recognize a real Leica
when they see one. My M Leicas and CL go almost unnoticed when I
photograph antique cars and farm machinery. In fact most people think
the CL is a cheap film P&S camera. The only Leica that most folks know
about is this one:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Leica+IIIc+with+3M+Safty+Walk+Nonskid+tape_.png.html
"Is that a Leica?" I get asked all the time. "My grandfather owned one
just like it."
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] LUG Digest, Vol 44, Issue 159)