Subject: [Leica] Some from a party
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 14:24:33 -0600

I quite agree with you, in theory, Nathan.
Most certainly as it relates to your own photographic methods and
desired results
(or Lluis' or anyone else's).

Yet, when one truly wishes to achieve something photographically,
say sharpness of the subject in difficult, low light situations,
then strives to accomplish that personal goal,
by choosing the correct tools, and developing techniques to achieve
the goal,
that's when the extraordinary unique statements occur.

Doug H seems a perfect example
of one who listens attentively to his own yearning for a specific result
and works constantly at figuring out how to achieve it,
via specific tool choices and techniques.

So for some sharpness and detail qualifies as a major element of
success.
For others the tonality,
or the composition,
or the veracity of the document
or the emotional impact
or the avant-garde nature of the image
all to varying degrees
as fitting the individual photographer's intention.

So - Geoff, take that M9 into the dark
and show us some tack sharp, emotionally charged photographs
if that's what your muse demands.

;~)

Regards,
George Lottermoser