Subject: [Leica] Crazy
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 15:14:24 -0600

to continue as the devil:

Then everyone of these "competitions"
and every publication should accept
and display only full RAW images
directly from the camera;
and for journalists - simply print transcripts for audio recordings
of their interviews.

I would then stop looking at photographs
and reading altogether.
I, for one, thirst for the art and craft of professionals
editing, composing and delivering finished quality products,
within the ethical guidelines of the craft.

For me - the black and white image in question falls well within
ethical guidelines.

A dozen years ago we would have burned in the shoe to achieve a
"better print."
No harm done.
No "lie" told.

We're talking about wrapping a fighter's hand,
not about who stood behind him while the wrapping took place.

Now if the photo in question were summoned for a police investigation
of who was present at that location at that time;
then we have to provide the image as a RAW file to the summoning
authorities.
But we're not.
We're talking about a competition for fine, strong photographs
created by photographers
who work hard at their craft.

Regards,
George Lottermoser