Subject: [Leica] New 35/1.4 ASPH?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:15:15 +1000

Yes Rabs it must have been in a dream. The current 35 Summicron ASPH. is
continuing in production and the older Summilux is being replaced. So the
same options as before. If you prefer the 'look' and form factor of the
older lenses they are many thousands in circulation. If you want modern
ASPH. glass in a compact package the Summicron is excellent. (Tht
s what I have) If you want spherical, smaller but modern and cheaper the
Summarit 35 is also available. Soon we will have a new Summilux for people
that value the f/1.4 but with the focus shift of the older model addressed.
That shift was always there but became better known with the advent of pixel
peeping and the criticality of focusing with a sensor.
The Summarit is tiny and just made for your preferences. Sheesh, do you want
sugar on your coco pops as well ;-)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

 ......... and I thought there was a Leica rumor they were phasing it out.