Subject: [Leica] Dave's PAW (*) 2010 #10 -- to HUGH
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 18:57:15 -0600

>Dave - interesting how the Lensbaby works here - do you take several
>photos moving LB about?   Also, what's that on his forehead, is that
>an effect from the LB or is this guy particularly hairy?

Hugh --

Oh, I took a lot of pictures to get this one. Every one is quite different
and I almost
always miss the focus.

It is a matter of luck to get something interesting. Much like using a Diana
or Holga.

I used a Diana for six months in 2008 and it was truly exciting to get the
negatives
back to see if I got anything. Turns out I got plenty, apparently, as
someone is
creating a book from my Diana pictures right now.

Same with the LensBaby except of course you can see the results immediately.
The Composer version of the LensBaby is the way to go in my opinion. There
is a screw-in wide-angle attachment that I used for this picture -- that's
why the left
side is totally vignetted.

That's my friend Khunya... He doesn't have a hairy forehead so you're seeing
an
affect of the relatively crappy lens. ;)

I prefer using a rangefinder to a DSLR by a country mile but with a
LensBaby, the
D700 becomes a lot more interesting and fun for me.
.
Dave.

--
2010 PAW Gallery: www.dlkphotography.com/paw