Subject: [Leica] Leica prices
From: manolito at videotron.ca (EPL)
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 18:06:32 -0500

The way I look at it is this: shooting and having processed about 100 rolls
of colour film per year (which a serious hobbyist might certainly do) could
run about $1500 a year, give or take. Multiply that by 4 years, to be
conservative, = $6000.

Puts the cost of a new M8 or M9 into some kind of perspective, eh?

The problem with the price of a new Leica today is that the whopping cost is
paid out up front, rather than over those years.

Shoot more than the equivalent of those 100 rolls and/or use the M8 or M9
for more than 4 years and the price starts looking pretty good.

Another question is how comfortable we are walking around with a $10,000
camera/lens combo (with hundreds of images inside) on our shoulders wherever
we go: damage, theft, etc. = major bummer.

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro) ([Leica] Leica prices)