Subject: [Leica] IMG(s): portrait, 50mm pre-ASPH Summilux on DMC-GF1; plug; ruminations.
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 01:59:19 -0500

I agree that the design is kind of dumb; though my first digital was a
Panasonic FZ28 with an 18X zoom that has the word Leica on it and is it
turns out quite good for such an absurd beast.  And the G1/GH1 look exactly
like that line of Panasonics and the 1.5 crop L10 or whatever it is. So they
had a reason, marginally.

And I also concur with your implicit message that the GH1 has priced itself
into a place that a micro four thirds camera that looks like that shouldn't
be.

But when I was looking, with a tight budget, the price differential between
the g1 and the gf1 (in favor of the former by almost 300 bucks), the fact of
their having the same image processing and sensor, and the presence of the
viewfinder, finally convinced me my romance with the look of the gf1 was
unsound. i wish i had been as wise in my assessment of other romances in my
history.