Subject: [Leica] Digital SLR viewfinders suck.
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:42:51 -0500

Douglas writes"
"Over the last couple of months I picked up quite a few Non-AF cameras at

rock-bottom prices to play around with - a couple of Canon A1s, a Pentax

MX, an OM-10 and a Yashica FX-D - all of them have viewfinders much

brighter the ones in my Canon EOS 500N and 20D."

- - - - -

The best SLR viewfinders for me are the ones in the Olympus OM-1 and OM-2.
Large, clear and bright plus the ability to interchange screens for specific
purposes. Too bad no company, not even Olympus, has seen fit to make a DSLR
the same size as the OM series with the same clear viewfinder. I could do
without the bells and whistles, the auto focus, and the movie mode but not
without the viewfinder. The size seems a natural for 4/3. Olympus really
regressed in the E-500 series.

On a related note, I really miss adequate optical viewfinders on the current
crop of P&S digitals. I find it almost impossible to use the LCD screen on a
sunny day. I'm thinking of going back to a black view camera focusing cloth.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from zoeica at mac.com (Chris Williams) ([Leica] Digital SLR viewfinders suck.)
Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Digital SLR viewfinders suck.)