Subject: [Leica] M9 DNGs and Adobe
From: ekowaleski at twmi.rr.com (Ed Kowaleski)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:10:35 -0500

Thanks for your explanation.  I was beginning to feel all alone out there. I
wasn't sure whether I had an Adobe problem, an M9 problem, or a Windows 7
(64bit) problem.  I was sick at the prospect of having my M9 sent to Solms
as was my M8 when I first bought it.  When I checked the Adobe forum about a
week ago there wasn't much beyond one or two descriptions of the problem.

I agree with your observation that the bug is triggered by some particular
combination of tonal values.  The images that triggered it for me had areas
of gross underexposure.  Two of the shots in particular were of a nine year
old blowing out the candles on a birthday cake in which candle light was the
only illumination.

Ed K